Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Cooks: Paksiw na Salmon (Salmon in Tamarind Base Soup)

I have been getting a few heartwarming compliments about this recipe. Even kids love it! Living abroad, I always miss Filipino home cooked dishes (lutong-bahay goodness, hmmm!). This recipe is one of my comfort foods. So I thought why not share it to through blog :).. This was first posted on our Facebook page Simpleng Pinoy_Sydney. I hope that you can get the same response as I always do. :D

What you need:
1 kg Salmon chunk, cut in quarters
1 Salmon head, cut in half
1 whole garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, sliced
a knob of ginger, sliced
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 medium size eggplant, sliced
8 pcs okra(ladies' fingers), ends trimmed
1 small ampalaya(bitter melon), sliced
4 siling haba(green chilli) or 1 green capsicum (sliced)
Salt or Patis(fish sauce) to taste
1 sachet Knorr Tamarind Soup Base, dissolved in 2 cups of
water (you may not use the whole contents of the
sachet, adjust the portion according to your taste)  


How to cook:
1. In a large cooking pot, put onions, garlic & ginger evenly at the bottom.
2. Put in the salmon.
3. Add the ground black pepper & asin/patis (according to desired taste).
4. Pour in the dissolved tamarind soup base.
5. Cover the pot. Under medium heat, cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
6. Add in all the vegetables. Cover until cooked and the liquid is reduced.
--- Serve! Share! Enjoy! ---



Note: - Instead of vinegar, i use tamarind base soup. it's not quite a sinigang since it has less liquid (sabaw), and  
            a bit more tangy or salty.
         - I'm not claiming this as my original recipe. I'm simply sharing my home cooking. 
          - Be sure to follow proper hygiene in preparing food. And don't forget to turn off the stove. :D






No comments:

Post a Comment